Sunday, 10 September 2017

9.10: トレモント教会の礼拝 Worship @Tremont BIC

On Sunday the 10th, I went with Thomases and joined the Tremont Brethren in Christ congregation for worship. Their membership and attendance are small, much like many Japanese congregations. They welcomed me warmly. Dr. Thomas and I gave a brief summary of the Brethren in Christ Japan, including a few pictures. We also suggested a number of ways they can pray for BICJ. Their pastor, Rev. Steve Ginder, asked if there were any questions and we spent about fifteen minutes answering them.

日曜日10日、私はトマス夫妻と一緒に車にのり、トレモントBIC教会の礼拝に参加しました。トレモント教会の会員や出席人数は、日本の多くの教会や集会とよく似ています。彼らは暖かく私を歓迎してくれました。礼拝の中で、トーマス博士と私は、日本の教会の様子について報告しました。日本の地図と教会の写真をみせながら、日本の教会の概要を説明しました。そして、BICJの祈りの課題も分かち合いました。トレモント教会牧師のスティーブ・ギンダー(Steve Ginder)牧師は質問があるかどうか尋ね、私たちは熱心な質問に約15分間答えました.

Tremont is a small town in Pennsylvania's coal mining district. With the decline of the coal industry, the economy of the region is struggling.

トレモントは、ペンシルバニア州の石炭鉱区の小さな町です。石炭産業の衰退に伴い、この地域の経済は苦戦しています。



After church, we had lunch with Rev. Ginder and his wife, Reenie, at a local restaurant. They said this was a typical old-fashioned "diner." I had spagetti and meat balls. Mmmm, good.





No comments:

Post a Comment