Saturday, 23 September 2017

9/22: BICアーカイブ, ベトナム料理, スリフトショップ | BIC Archive, Vietnamese Restaurant, Thrift shop


Mitsuru Ishido and Dr. Dwight W. Thomas
私はトーマス博士と一緒にBICアーカイブに行き、日本に来た初期のBIC宣教師についていくつかの調査を行った。アーカイブには、日本からの年次報告書を含むハンドブックがあります。教会誌「Evangelical Visitor」に掲載された記事もあります。他の資料には、ミッション議事録と個人文書が含まれます。 BICJの研究には豊富な情報があります。

I went to BIC archive with Dr. Thomas and did some research on early BIC missionaries who came to Japan. The Archive has handbooks which include annual reports from Japan. It also has articles which appeared in the church magazine, the Evangelical Visitor. Other materials include mission minutes and personal documents. There is a wealth of information for research related to BICJ.


Thomas博士とGlen Pierce博士(BIC Archivist)は、BICアーカイブスの歴史について議論しています。アーカイブスは、ペンシルベニア州グランサムのメサイアカレッジキャンパスにあります。それは世界各地のキリスト教会の兄弟たちに関連した数多くの書類、写真、歴史的資料を持っています。


Dr. Thomas and Glen Pierce (BIC Archivist) discussing history at the BIC Archives. The Archives is housed at Messiah College Campus in Grantham, Pennsylvania. It has numerous documents, photographs and historical items related to Brethren in Christ churches around the world.


BIC関連の資料のボックスとボックスがあります。アーカイブにはすばらしい古い写真もあります。
There are boxes and boxes of BIC-related materials. The archives has wonderful old photographs, too.


Boxes of materials and precious historical photographs


Published accounts of BIC work in Japan which include photographs of BIC believers


アーカイブカードカタログは、文書および成果物を索引付けします。彼らは著者、タイトル、および主題別にカードを持っています。たとえば、Peter Willms、John Graybill、またはThelma Bookが書いたものを見つけることは可能です。

The Archive card catalogs index documents and artifacts. They have cards by author, title and subject. So, for example, it is possible to find things written by Peter Willms, John Graybill or Thelma Book.


BIC値を伝達するアーティファクト
Artifacts which communicate BIC values




トーマス博士は最終編集を行うHarriet Bickslerとの本の最終版について話し合いました。彼女はBICの歴史誌「キリストの歴史と生命の兄弟」の編集者でもあります。

Dr. Thomas discussing the final version of his book with Harriet Bicksler, who is doing the final editing. She is also editor of the BIC historical journal "Brethren in Christ History and Life."


アーカイブで働いた後、私はTen Thousand Villagesを訪れ、手作りの貿易財を見ました。 昼食のために、トーマス博士と私はハリスバーグのベトナムのレストランに行きました。私は野菜とおいしい野菜と一緒に麺を食べました。

After working in the Archives, I visited Ten Thousand Villages, and saw handcrafted fare-trade goods. For lunch, Dr. Thomas and I went to a Vietnamese restaurant in Harrisburg. I had noodles with vegetables and delicious broth.
Vietnamese Garden in Harrisburg, PA

  トーマスはとても素敵な木製のデッキを持っています。そして、天気は素敵でしたので、私は外に座って読書を楽しんでいます。

Thomases have a very nice wooden deck. The weather has been lovely, so I enjoy sitting outside and reading.


1 comment: